Sunday 10 January 2010

Prague

Prague is a very interesting city... Very old and Very Medieval. I found of the people on my trip you either loved or hated Prague, not many sat in between. Needless to say I was one of the "I LOVE PRAGUE" vote es. It just had a different feel to other European cities we had visited. One of the most beautiful things in this city is the Astronomical clock in the main square that was built in the 16th century. The clock was so rare and beautiful that the King of the time (or Mayor or emperor can't remember exactly) kidnapped the man who made it and gauged his eyes out to insure another one the same was never made!
We took a wine and dine river cruise which was fantastic as the river runs pretty much through the centre of the city so you do get to see quite a lot, and it was raining so was a better option than walking around.
Went to the Hard Rock for dinner and made friends with the managers so got myself and the 5 others with me a nice 50% off (total happy dance as we were all getting low on money by this point)
Besides a random Aussie bar we went to for a few rounds of drinks I didn't go out at all in Prague. It apparently is quite the party town so would like to go back for longer and possibly not in winter when it's so wet and cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment