Sunday 10 January 2010

Amsterdam

This was sadly our final stop on the tour!
Amsterdam is a very fascinating place. I always imagined it to be filthy and scary due to all the pot smoking and enormous prostitution population but it's actually a really beautiful city. This aside the first thing we did here was go to a live Sex show at the theatre Caso Rosso. Of all the sex shows to see this would have to be the one as it has been voted most "classy" five years running. It was very ummmm interesting but don't think I'd need to rush out and see it again. on the way back into the city to have a night on the town testing the various "cafes" we walk past red lit window after window after window and I'm telling you now these girls are HOT! not just hot as in stripper hot (good body but rat of a head) Hot body and stunningly beautiful. As I walking around checking them out, (pretending I wasn't) I felt so sorry for them "You're beautiful you could have anyone and quite possibly a real job" and then I thought fuck it they literally earn 3 times what I would in a year and they get to have sex as a job. Don't get me wrong I'd never consider it myself but I did stop pitying them !
We got to the cafe and I smoked half a joint and ate a whole Hash muffin... huge mistake! stoned as all get go and literally was until lunch time the next day... oh well when in Amsterdam.
The next morning in my stupidly stoned state I got up at some ungodly hour and visited a Cheese and clog farm. The smell of the cheese made me start to 'green out' so was happy to leave that part of the tour into the clog making demonstration. This was actually really cool. I had no idea that they were hand made from scratch... very impressed!
We spent the rest of the afternoon walking around sightseeing and getting ready for our farewell dinner and night time river cruise. It was a nice night and fun to have one last outing with the people I'd gotten so attached to over the last 25 days.
the next morning it was back on the bus to the ferry where we watched as the white cliffs of Dover got closer and closer and before we new it... back on British soil.

No comments:

Post a Comment