Sunday 5 September 2010

I smell a memory...

Photobucket
scent is such a strong vessel for nostalgia. There are very few scents I am likely to forget, and each one brings to mind particular memories. Lately with the commencement of spring the flowers have started to open, bringing with them the most beautiful essence. Two flowers in particular remind me of summer and the happiness it brought to me as a child and these are the Gardenia and Jasmine flowers. Just yesterday I was half way through my daily run and as I past the gardens in the middle of Rushcutter estate I took in a deep breath & smelled the most distinct smell of summer only to turn & find my precious Gardenias and next to this a beautiful jasmine bush blossoming so brightly. It definitely made me smile.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment