Saturday 22 May 2010

Neglected

First time I've had a chance to blog in over a week!
Eisteddfod is up and running, and although I am enjoying watching my students, I'm just so exhausted!!!
This Eisteddfod is in Taree which is about an hour out of Port Macquarie. First session starts at 9am so I'm leaving Port by 7:45am to get there early to go check on the students before they head back stage, then I'm staying until about 1:30pm after which I drive back to Port by 2:30pm to start teaching at 3:00pm...
I've also spent every day and night of my "days off" there too!
All complaining aside, the standard of this Eisteddfod is absolutely incredible!!! So much higher than when I was a student... One of the Contemporary sections I watched last night had competitors in it who could easily be in the Sydney Dance Company or likewise!!! VERY IMPRESSED
My beautiful Chenaye won the 14yrs ballet champ and two of my students got both 1st and 2nd in the 14 yrs Jazz championship!
Got the Open age Ballet, modern and Jazz Championships today/tonight so fingers crossed our kids do well.
I have less students dancing this week as it's the "Novice" week but troupe weekend is fast approaching 5 SLEEPS (not that I'm counting) but in all seriousness I cannot wait until the stress is over, bring on the 31st of MAY and I promise then to return to blog world!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment